Location: Sydney, Australia
Type: Full Time
KONGSTEIN is technical and management consultancy dedicated to accelerating the green energy transition. Focusing on Offshore Wind and Green Hydrogen, we accumulate decades of experience in European and US offshore wind projects. We are dedicated to play a role in realizing Australia’s ambitions to become a renewable superpower!
To grow our Sydney office and KONGSTEIN’s footprint in the Australian market and beyond, we are seeking a highly motivated Project Engineer to work closely with our clients and help KONGSTEIN Australia develop further.
About the Role
KONGSTEIN supports offshore wind construction projects from the planning and tender phase, throughout execution, O&M & decommissioning. To develop KONGSTEIN Australia, you will be supporting business development activities establishing relations to new clients in Australia and beyond. As a technical advisor, you will provide project management support and technical advisory in the early phase of offshore wind construction projects in Australia but also to further advanced projects currently under development in the APAC region. The position reports to the Managing Director of the Sydney office.
As part of the Sydney Office, you will:
- Provide technical advisory and project support to our clients in Australia and beyond in
the APAC region.
- Develop logistical concepts for component transport and pre-assembly and installation
- Support clients in planning and executing environmental and geotechnical surveys.
- Prepare tender documents, conduct bid evaluation and participate in negotiations.
- Support in business development activities and building relations with potential new
- Participate in preparing proposals to potential clients and partners.
- Build and maintain relationships with customers, regulators, and industry partners.
- Assist with the development of business cases, financial models, and schedules to
support investment decisions.
- Conduct market, supply chain and industry research to stay up to date on the latest trends
and developments in the offshore wind market.
- Write high quality studies and reports for internal and external audiences.
- Bachelor or Masters/Diploma degree(s) Offshore Engineering, Naval Architecture,
Renewable Energies, Environmental Engineering or a related field of Engineering.
- Enthusiastic to become part of the offshore wind industry and to help our client’s develop
offshore wind projects in Australia and beyond in the APAC region.
- Willingness to represent KONGSTEIN and interact with clients and other stakeholders in
client projects as well as in conferences.
- Great skills in self-motivation, self-reliance, reliability, persistence, and organizational
- Strong communication skills and teamwork, as well as a confident appearance.
- eam-player focusing on the needs of the client and the best outcome for any project.
- Report Writing skills.
- High level of proficiency in written and spoken English.
What you’ll get in return
- Opportunity to play a key role in growing the Kongstein subsidiary company in Australia.
- Travel opportunities.
- Make an impact in the energy transition in Australia and beyond.
- Flexible working arrangement.
- Collaborative work with a young and enthusiastic team in Europe located in 6 offices.
How to Apply
We look forward to receiving your application as soon as possible.
Please submit your CV, cover letter and other relevant documents to
We will only process applications received by email.
If you have any questions or would like to know more about this opportunity, please do not
hesitate to contact us at the same email address.
At KONGSTEIN, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment that values and respects all individuals. We believe that a diverse workforce enables us to better serve our clients and customers and drives innovation and excellence. If you are passionate about renewable energy, we encourage you to apply for this opportunity, regardless of age, race, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, religion, or ethnicity.